A place with a sense of serenity and a spirit of goodness
The William Harris Homestead, a Georgia historical site, offers a beautiful property – 1825 log house and outbuildings, lush gardens, stunning landscapes – as a backdrop for a special country wedding venue.
The Homestead is a perfect location for outdoor weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers and photo shoots. The property is designed and maintained for picturesque settings for your outdoor event for up to 300 guests.
Thank you for your interest in the William Harris Homestead as a possible choice for your memorable wedding. The Homestead offers a place with a sense of forever, a long history of people who lived and loved there, a feeling of serenity and a spirit of goodness. How else would you want to begin a marriage?
Come and visit the William Harris Homestead. We want to share in your destiny.
(click on the image to bring up fullscreen)
Wedding Reception at the Homestead
For your Wedding Reception set-up and menu, our Event Specialist will be available to arrange the details of your festive event.
- Ask us about special pricing for Friday and Sunday Weddings
- We can provide special Wedding Packages, which include a variety of services for your planning convenience and perfect for the most discriminating spending plan (for example, florists, caterers, music, etc.).
- Unique entertainment, such as hayrides or buggy rides for you and your guests.
- Additional bridal consulting services – hair and make-up are offered, also
- If available, the facility rental can be extended for a fee, which includes the services of our Wedding Coordinator.
The William Harris Homestead Wedding Ceremony Includes:
- Choice of wedding ceremony settings – beautiful gardens or woodland, rustic spring site.
- Wedding Director, who will assist you with planning you ceremony and reception.
- Four full hours for your reception.
- Use of historic log house for wedding preparation. It has two bedrooms and a restroom upstairs and a dressing area and restroom on the main floor.
- Private use of the plantation property. The William Harris Homestead only books one event at a time.
Daytime Weddings Scheduled 9:00am to 4:00pm
Evening Wedding Scheduled 5:00pm to 11:00pm
MEET OUR FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS
The William Harris Homestead Foundation is a charitable 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to provide heritage, agricultural and environmental education.